This is a practical session offering some useful hints and tips for proof-readers, editors and and sub-editors. The session will look at how to read and spot errors more effectively and will include a look at attendees’ own material where possible.
Sample course content:
- Taking a systematic approach to proof-reading
- How people read – and how to avoid ‘scanning’ when proofing
- Training your brain to spot errors of sense and accuracy in copy, headlines, captions, links etc
- Common proof reading errors, including ‘spot the mistake’
- Spelling and grammar mistakes to look out for – and why you can’t rely on spell-checkers
- A look at typical content you’re currently proofing, if available
- Proofing and subbing: The big picture. Taking an overview and thinking logically
- An introduction to proof-reading marks, if relevant
How to book your workshop
Please contact us, specifying your business needs, your availability and the number of people you would like to attend the workshop.